Let’s see the number of the past presidential races since 2000:
|Year||Candidate (Winner)||Popular Vote||EC||Candidate||Popular Vote||EC|
|2000||George W. Bush||50,456,062||271||Albert Gore, Jr.||50,996,582||266|
|2004||George W. Bush||62,039,073||286||John F. Kerry||59,027,478||251|
|2008||Barack H. Obama||69,456,897||365||John S. McCain||59,934,814||173|
|2012||Barack H. Obama||65,446,032||332||W. Mitt Romney||60,589,084||206|
|2016||Donald J. Trump||62,980,160||304||Hillary Clinton||65,845,063||227|
|2020b||Donald J. Trump||72,741,954||232||Joe R. Biden Jr.||78,114,089||227|
Sources: The table is compiled by the author based on the following data. “Historical Presidential Election,” https://www.270towin.com/historical-presidential-elections/ (accessing date: November 14, 2020), and others
a EC refers to the number of the Electoral College. To win the presidency is 270 EC.
b As writing this blog on November 15, 2020, the vote of the U.S. Presidential race is still counting.
A total six states (MI, PA, GA, NV, AZ, and WI) have not reached the final number.
The five basic questions:
- Do you see any problems in the 2020 U.S. presidential race?
- What do you think about Biden’s numbers (over 78 million)?
- What do you think about Obama’s numbers (69 million) vs. Biden’s numbers (78 million)?
- So far, Biden has received the highest votes in the U.S. history. What do you think?
- Do you believe that Biden is a SUPERMAN (who did gather ONLY a few rally)?